It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but the music played during the Holiday season pulls on our heart strings. From a young age, the music would start playing right after Santa paraded down at the end of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. It was a fun game, the music would play and Dad would ask, “Honey, who sings this?” Challenging the skills of the ear and replying, “Bing Cosby, give me a hard one!” We’re purists when it comes to our carols but there are some newbies that worked their way into our hearts like Hanson and N’SYNC. We created a little playlist, from us to you, in hopes it will make your Holiday Season just that much more special; listening with your loved ones.
- The Christmas Song – Nat King Cole
- Santa Baby – Eartha Kit
- Sleigh Ride – Ella Fitzgerald
- White Christmas – Bing Crosby
- All I Want For Christmas – Mariah Carey
- Holly Jolly Christmas – Burl Ives
- Mele Kalikimaka – Bing Crosby
- Merry Christmas Darling – Christina Perri
- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays – N’SYNC
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – Judy Garland
- My Only Wish (This Year) – Britney Spears
- Merry Christmas Baby – Hanson
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside – Dean Martin
- Hard Candy Christmas – Dolly Parton
- Let it Snow! – Bing Crosby
- What Christmas Means To Me – Stevie Wonder
- I’ll Be Home For Christmas – Frank Sinatra
- This Christmas – Chris Brown
- Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee
- Yule Shoot Your Eye Out – Fall Out Boy
- Mistletoe – Justin Bieber
- It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas – Perry Como
- Run Run Rudolph – Chuck Berry
- I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm – Billie Holiday
- Last Christmas – Wham!
Music wasn’t the only thing that started on Thanksgiving. OH NO. Immediately after the parade and a failed attempt at getting through the Dog Show, a Holiday favorite would be placed in to the VCR/DVD/Netflix — you name it. We also created our guide to our favorite Holiday movies, we hope you check some out if you haven’t already.
- Meet Me In St. Louis
- White Christmas
- The Family Stone
- You’ve Got Mail
- The Holiday
- A Christmas Story
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- Love Actually
- Jingle All The Way
- Home Alone
- The Santa Clause
- Bad Santa
- Dr. Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas
- It’s A Wonderful Life
- I’ll Be Home For Christmas
- Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
- The Lemon Drop Kid
- Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Miracle on 34th Street
It’s the Holidays, we know that music and movies won’t cut it. A stiff but delicious drink is what helps us get through. You’ll definitely will want to try some of these out! There’s a theme here…
Spiced Apple Cider Champagne Cocktail
- 2 oz Tennessee Cider
- 2 oz fresh apple cider
- 3-4 oz chilled champagne
- Pour the Tennessee Cider into the bottom of each glass, add the champagne and top with a splash of the apple cider.
Recipe and photos courtesy: establishedcalifornia.com
Honey Winter Bourbon Cocktail with Honey Sage Syrup
Honey Sage Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 10-12 fresh sage leaves
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 orange peel
- 1 fresh sage leaf
- 3 Tbsp honey sage syrup
- Bring the water, honey and sage to a boil in a pot over medium high heat. Reduce to low and simmer 3 min. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Fill a short glass with ice. Pour the bourbon and cooled syrup over ice. Twist the orange peel directly over glass until you see the oils release. Place in the glass with bourbon, stir and garnish with a fresh sage leaf.
- If it is not sweet enough, add more honey!
Recipe and photo courtesy: onebroadsjourney.com
Bourbon Pecan Pie Cocktail
- 1 oz Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- 1 1/2 Evangeline Pecan Praline Liqueur
- 1/2 oz vodka of your choosing
- Pour all the ingredients together over ice and stir.
Recipe and photo courtesy: basilandbubbly.com
We hope this helps you get through it. Cheers our #foamy family!