Manicure Mondays: Galaxy Grunge Nails
The O'Neill Girls are back every Monday with a new DIY nail design for FOAM
The Look: Galaxy Grunge
The Girl: Kacee is the Social Media Manger at O'Neill Girls connecting with customers around the world and updating all things social like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. But her real passion? Traveling! "Some of my favorite places I've traveled to are India, Indonesia, Australia and Kenya," she says, "I love making all kinds of terrariums, scuba diving, volunteering and eating goat cheese!"
What You'll Need:
-Black Nail Polish
-Navy Blue Nail Polish
-Hot Pink Nail Polish
-Orange Nail Polish
-Foam Green Nail Polish
-Small Flat Brush
-Orly Bonder Basecoat (optional)
-Clear nail polish
How To Do It Yourself:
1. Get all your supplies lined up and ready to use; loosen the tops of each nail polish and pour some Acetone in a small container. Start off by applying the Orly Bonder as your basecoat to all your nails (this will prevent nail color from chipping or wearing off). Let dry for a couple minutes.
2. Apply a single layer of black nail polish and let dry. We waited about 10 minutes.
3. This begins the layering process of colors. Using your small paint brush (which puts a thinner layer of color on your nail in comparison to your regular nail polish brush) paint half of each nail with the orange nail polish and the other half of each nail navy blue and let dry. We waited about 10 minutes.
4. Now using your foam green nail polish paint an even layer over all of your nails. Let dry. We waited about 10 minutes.
5. Repeat step 3 by switching the light and dark colors of laying so that you will now be painting half of your nail hot tink nail polish (on the side where the navy used to be) and vise versa. The other half of the nail will be painted navy blue (where the orange used to be). Let dry. We waited about 10 minutes.
6. After your last layer of nail polish has dried (no top coat), dip your paint brush into the Acetone and wiggle the brush around on your nail to reveal layered colors. Repeat this step until you have your nail exactly how you want it. Tip: Be sure to wipe off the excess Acetone off of your brush because you don't want it bleeding all over your nails (eating away all your hard work).
Step 7: Clear coat that bad boy to seal in the deal!
Check out more Manicure Monday designs and DIY projects from O'Neill now!
Check back next week for more!