Honestly, the guys sort of get it easy on V-Day. Flowers, candy, jewelry—the tried and true usually does the trick, and gives their formulaic man minds a needed break. But what, dear FOAMies, to get him? Here, a list of perfectly dude-appropriate Valentine’s gifts that goes heavy on romance without so much as a touch of pink in sight:
1. Handmade of real American-tanned leather, the Leather Head football from Kaufmann Mercantile.
2. Unfussy and smelling sweet—just the way you like them. Standard Fragrance by Comme Des Garçons for Artek from Mjolk.
3. Splattered notebooks perfect for random musings, Postalco Chance notebooks from Opening Ceremony.
4. Give the gift of sudsy multitasking with Task Essential’s Wash Off for Hair & Body from Bloomingdales.
5. Ignite some romance with organic soy candles by Tatine from Green Depot.
6. Keep things discrete with a sleek, black flask by Stanley from Blackbird.
7. Keep it classy with a modern condom dispenser from Canoe.
8. Remember that the medium is the message with this bear from Love Is Lame.
9. A folding comb handmade in England for rakish moments on the move, from Brook Farm General Store.
10. Straight out of the Timex archives, a classic watch from Nomad.
11. Guys love winning awards. The Greatest soap from Izola.
12. Reese Forbes’ silky smooth suede sneaker from Quicksilver.
13. Seriously, no one likes snuggling with an under-conditioned beard. Beard Oil from MCMC Fragrances.
14. This Finish Dart Board gently whispers, “My Aim is True.” From Kiosk.
15. Rise and shine with the retro romance of the Alarm Dock from Areaware.
16. Help him keep his cool with these Whiskey Stones from Teraforma.
17. Technology is better when it’s swathed in brawny flannel. Check this iPad Case
18. Dudes love details and Joey Roth’s cult speakers are chock full o’ audiophiliac precision, from Horne.